Editor - Douglas magazine
Page One Publishing is looking for an Editor for its award-winning business magazine, Douglas.
Established in 2006, Douglas is a quality business magazine that informs business leaders and achievers through its in-depth articles. While serving as a resource to promote good business, this bi-monthly publication defines current issues, developing trends and the people behind them. Douglas has become essential reading for Vancouver Island business leaders.
- Developing, writing, researching, and editing stories
- Representing the magazine at local events (day and evening)
- Staying up to date on issues concerning the business community
- Assigning and managing writers
- Creating content for douglasmagazine.com
- Connecting regularly with readers through social media
- Minimum 3 years experience in magazine publishing or other related media
- Experience editing and proofreading
- Experience with interviews, research, and fact checking
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to work to a deadline
- Personable and professional demeanor
- Post secondary education in journalism or related field
Interested applicants should also be able to demonstrate solid knowledge of, and active interest in, some or all of the following areas: Real Estate and development, sales and marketing, local businesses, economic development, finance, education, and human resources.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 samples of published work (pdfs) to:
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
Page One Publishing Inc. is a Victoria-based magazine publishing company. Page One publishes Douglas, Victoria’s business magazine, YAM, Victoria’s lifestyle magazine, and several custom titles for the tourism, grocery, and b2b sectors. Since 1998, Page One has grown to become one of British Columbia’s largest independent magazine publishers.