Page One Publishing is seeking an editorial designer for Douglas magazine.
Page One Publishing is seeking a magazine designer for Douglas magazine, Vancouver Island’s premier business magazine. This popular local media brand is published six times a year and is essential reading for business leaders and innovators in Victoria and on Vancouver Island. Its in-depth local coverage of the key people and issues affecting our region has earned Douglas a highly engaged and loyal readership. Page One Publishing is also widely recognized for its beautifully designed publications.
As part of Page One’s creative team, you are collaborative, flexible and engaged, and enjoy working with a close-knit team to produce magazines with clever, effective and attractive design.
- Designing compelling page layouts for bi-monthly magazine
- Creating engaging promotional materials and e-newsletters
- Creating icons, infographics and data charts to complement editorial content
- Collaborating with the editorial team to tell stories visually
- Photo editing
- Creating graphics for digital and social platforms
- Designing and pre-flighting supplied advertisements
- Minimum three years of experience in magazine (or similar) design
- Proficiency working with Adobe Suite on a Mac platform
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to work to a set schedule and meet strict printer deadlines
- Adept at visually organizing information
- Collaborative and eager to liaise with creative, production and editorial teams
- Keen to be part of Victoria’s premier media brands
- Post-secondary education in a creative field
What you get
- Part-time or full-time position
- Dynamic, creative and collaborative work environment
- A workplace that encourages work-life balance
- Time off over the holidays
- Generous WFH policy
- Opportunity to flex your creative muscles both in print and online
Please send a cover letter, resumé and portfolio to: email@example.com.
Page One Publishing is an energetic, forward-thinking publishing company established in 1998. Our company is well-known as the publisher of several successful and visually engaging local magazine brands: YAM, Victoria’s home and lifestyle magazine; Douglas, Victoria and Vancouver Island’s business magazine; and Spruce, Victoria’s home and design magazine. Page One is also known for its strong commitment to community, hosting Douglas’s Annual 10 to Watch Awards and YAM’s Best Restaurant Awards, as well as sponsoring several charitable events each year.