Page One Publishing is seeking an Editor for Douglas magazine.
Douglas is Vancouver Island’s premier business media brand. It is essential reading for business leaders and innovators in Victoria and on Vancouver Island. Our in-depth, local coverage of the key people and issues affecting our region has earned a highly engaged, loyal and growing readership. We go behind the scenes to get the real stories about the issues, trends and people in the region’s business community.
As the editor of Douglas you will play a prominent role on the Page One editorial team. You like to work collaboratively, have a genuine interest in business and are interested in the people who are leading change and supporting economic growth in our region. You are an excellent storyteller, have great attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines, and give constructive feedback. As the main representative for Douglas magazine, public speaking is an asset.
- Leading the Douglas magazine editorial team; assigning and managing writers
- Developing, writing, researching, and editing stories
- Staying up to date on issues concerning the business community
- Attending and speaking at public events representing the Douglas brand (may be daytime and evening)
- Collaborating with the editor-in-chief, publishers and other departments
- Creating content for other Page One brands from time to time
- Contributing to Douglas magazine social media
- Minimum three years experience in magazine publishing or other related media
- Experience editing and proofreading business content
- Experience with interviews, research and fact checking
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work to a deadline
- Positive, personable and professional demeanor
- Post secondary education in journalism or related field.
Please send a cover letter, resumé and three samples of published work (pdfs) to
Page One Publishing is an energetic, forward-thinking publishing company established in 1998. Our company is well known as the publisher of several successful local magazine brands: YAM, Victoria’s home and lifestyle magazine, Douglas, Victoria business magazine, and Spruce, Victoria’s Home and Design magazine.
Page One is also known for its strong commitment to community, hosting Douglas’ Annual 10 to Watch Awards and YAM’s Best Restaurant Awards, as well as sponsoring several charitable events each year.